Saturday, April 12, 2008

No way! It's your duty.


Today I followed a new instructor again, the first instructor Brodie Brazil left school after only teaching me 2 fly classes, then Andrew Foo once, and then this one today. I followed 3 instructors in 4 classes. I didn't complained to school about this, because I think every instructor has his own teaching way and skills, it's good for me. Besides, starts from next Monday, I will follow a swell one with very good reputation.

Today's Nick Beesley, before flying, he asked what I have learned and done in last three classes, I said normal maneuvers and conversations with tower.

"Oh, you'd talked with tower?" he asked.
"Yes, only yesterday, once." I replied.
"OK, you do all the conversations today." he said.
*&%$#@
"and more, we do slow fly and stall." he added.
Stall!? at 4th class? OK, let's see, I said to myself.

As usual, student, as me, sat at left side, the pilot-in-command position, this cool guy sat next to me, the right side seat. After some broken conversation with tower at ramp, we taxied to runway, today's wind direction changed, so we had to taxi almost the all runway length, to the other en of runway.

Taxiing airplane on ground is completely different from driving car on the road, we don't use steering by hands. Conversely, we use both feet. I did the taxi like snake's crawl, of course.
Finally, When we got the hold-short position and waiting for the tower's approval for take off, I said to him.

"I am not familiar with the taxi yet, later on, when we take off, can you do the taxi?"

Guss what? This cool young man said.
"No way! It's your duty."
*&%$#

Gee! I guess this is so called "American style".

No comments: