Monday, March 05, 2007

the pursuit of happyness



My wife and I, we went to see the movie "the pursuit of happyness" last Sunday night, we were so touched by the story. It's adapted from someone's real life.
After we stepped out of the theater, I ask my wife if she cried and when. She replied yes and it's at the time the Gardner (Will Smith) got the job after months internship. I didn't tell her mine, yes, I did tear too. But not because he got the job. For me, it's more than just a encouraged movie talking about American dream. When the son laying on the bed of a shelter, he said to his father:"You are a good father." At that time, I burst into tears, the tear's not just standing in my eyes, they kept flowing on my face. It's my first time crying for movie.
I thought of Peihua--my son. he has no chance to say that to me, and, I am not his good father.
In fact, my wife and I, we've never cried for Peihua at the same time, when she cried, I mostly just set besides her and tried to make myself calm badly; when I cried, she did the same thing to me. I think she has the same feeling, if we cry together, that will be very sad and endless.
PS, about the movie, I believe there is thousands of people in the States, they work hard as the Gardner does, but still not succeed. This world is not really flat, or fair, we are all lucky to see the movie in theaters and seat in front of computers and read this blog.
PS2. One thing interesting, our country, The Republic of China, Taiwan's flag appears in the film, now this movie may not be allowed to be shown in China. Ha ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Thanks for visiting my blog.

"PS. Where am I from? I knew you will find it,(您的能耐,絕對不止爾爾,對吧?) but does it really matter?" --> Well, your words did arouse my curiosity. You don't sound like a stranger to me. It seems that I have met you somewhere on ECT (台灣英語網), an English leaning web site.

"You are a good writer,TOO." --> No offensive. What I really meant is you are one of those good writers whom I knew from ECT. I'm just a starter in blogging.

Anyway, let's enjoy our reading and writing. ~~

-- Mayflower

Lee Chi said...

I appreciate your kindless not to treat me like a "怪叔叔".
No, before you told me, I had no any idea about ECT. But you do a good job in teachig English. No matter you are teaching or not, I am sure many people gain benifit from your bilingual articles.