Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Monk

One of my colleagues told me this unusual story today, and I can't wait to write it down.
Last Friday on his way home from office, he took a bus from Airport to Taipei, he found besides of the driver and one monk, he was the only one passenger. As I said, this bus is from Taipei International Airport to downtown, suppose it should be very crowded, but today, there were only he and one monk on the bus. After few minutes, the monk moved to next to him, an aisle was between two of them. And the monk started to talk, actually it was more like a murmur "come to Qinghai, come to Qinghai....." (Qinghai is one of provinces of China, next to Tibet.)
My colleague twisted his neck and stared at the monk, " The face was just what I hate." he said to me.
But after few times, he couldn't stand it any more, so he asked the monk:
"Are you talking to me?"
The monk noded:"Yes, please come to Qinghai."
"Qinghai is so far, how do I get there?"
"Since you could go to Xinjian( another one provinces, next to Qinghai and Tibet.) of course you can come to Qinghai."
In fact, my colleague did visit Xinjian in his annual leave last year.
my colleague is just like me, he doesn't believe in any religion and only trust himself. He said:
"What are you talking about? I don't even know you!"
The monk just smiled and passed his name card to my colleague, but he only took a look and returned it to the monk. Even when the monk asked for his cellphone number, he lied to him:
"I don't have any cellphone."
"It's fine, we will meet again." The monk replied, then got off the bus.
My colleague told his mother this story. I know his mother, she believes in Buddhism very sincerely, and she is always hanging around in temples and some masters. This time her son really piss off her, she yield and blamed him:
"You never listen to me! you don't even know your time is up! I knew it! I knew it!"
What does his mother know? he didn't ask, just run away. But I am very curious.
" I didn't know you were a living Buddha last life!" I laugh at him.
"you nuts!" he replied.
What this story will be? Let's wait and see.

No comments: